- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualification and Requirements
- CTC Part 1 or 2, NVTI or City and Guilds certificate in carpentry or building construction holders can also apply.
- Applicant must be able to climb and measure roofs and generate quantities of roofing sheets from the measurements
- Applicant must be able to read plans and generate roofing sheets quantities from the plan.
- Applicant must be able to install roofing sheets.
- Applicant must have knowledge in self lock, standing seam, and other long span roofing sheets calculations.
- Applicant must be able to fix leakages in a roof
- Applicant must be able to look for clients and convince them to buy the company’s roofing sheets.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years working experience with a roofing company as an estimator or installer.
- Possession of a valid driving license would be an added advantage.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work on Saturdays as well.