- Understanding new road designs to the highest appropriate technical standards
- Ability to plan and exercise all works starting from clearing to seal and road furniture.
- Estimating construction costs
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Managing construction teams, sub-contractors and adhering to health and safety guidelines
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Delivering according to specification and time
- Ability to plan effectively to meet project timelines
- Troubleshooting and identifying solutions to potential challenges relating to logistics.
- Ability to determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish paying careful attention to budgetary limitations.
- Ability to reach ones weekly /monthly target without delay.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of a First Degree Road Engineering and Quantity Surveying
- Must have a minimum of 10 years working experience as a roads engineer (senior Level)
- Must have Knowledge of international and local design and construction codes/regulations/standards;
- Experience in implementation of similar types of project (Civil Engineering—Road Design and Construction Supervision and Management);
- Experience in construction and modernization of municipal roads, including engineering structures (i.e. bridges, viaducts, etc.),
- Must have project management skills and strong leadership skill.