- Conducts risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimate the risks affecting the organization. This includes analyzing the credit risk for all customers before including them in our credit list.
- Prepares risk evaluation reports for all departments of the company
- Conduct periodic unannounced audits of warehouses to ensure compliance with guidelines and safety procedures.
- Conduct periodic unannounced audits of customer accounts to ensure customer balances are accurate.
- Prepares risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the Board of directors and shareholders, so they understand the most significant risks, to management to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to employees to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Handles corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- Carry out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures, and making business continuity plans, to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong.
- Ensures the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company's Standards of Conduct.
- Conducts audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with external auditors
- Provides support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Assists in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and helps execute staff succession and growth plans.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Must have completed at least part II of ICA or ACCA
- At least 3-5 years experience in the accounting or Risk & Compliance fields.
- Experience in the FMCG industry will be an advantage
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in accounting software such as SAP