Department: Managed Services
Direct Supervisor: RF Manager
Dept manager: Head of Managed services
Key Responsibility Areas
Job Role and Key Responsibilities:
• Monitor and maintain KPIs of RNC, BSC and LTE
• Audit of RNC/BSC database parameters
• Cell Level Optimization by physical redesign and database parameter changes.
• Site activation report to define the basic parameters of new sites in order to support roll-out.
• Conduct New Site Integration.
• Site surveys to plan physical antenna parameters of new sites.
• Testing & Troubleshooting in the Cellular Network. (Support for Hardware issues).
• Supervising & Conducting Drive Tests for finding and fixing quality and coverage related issues. Preparing drive test reports.
• HSPA+ test for the Cells (up to (defined) Mbps).
• Prepare various reports such as Worst Cells, Daily Performance Report, and Benchmarking Reports for any major activities etc.
• Live statistics monitoring from OMC.
• Call Trace Analysis for trouble shooting of customer complaints and bad performing cells.
• Keeping track of physical changes in the RNC/BSC and updating site database.
• Back up all cell and RNC/BSC level statistics, drive test logs, RNC/BSC logs etc for future reference.
• Develop In-house tools for automation of routine tasks where necessary
• Preparation of reports included in SOW agreed with the customer
• Provide 24/7 on-call support to customer.
• Execution of regular routines and tasks supporting near real-time network performance monitoring.
• Co-operate with network specialists to ensure quick recovery from service failure.
• Co-operate with Customer to ensure the best feedback for end-users
• Interaction with customer FO and Operational teams in line with agreed processes and working practices.
• Performance of tasks as requested by the Team Leader / Customer.
• Collect Data: Daily Stats, Act, Special Stats and event logs after failure
• Coordinate customer requests with RF Manager
• Responsible for participation in works of BCP.
Deliverables / Performance Measures (Goals and targets to be achieved, reporting etc.): Manage drive testing benchmarking and follow up within SLA; Meeting KPIs, KQIs and all related quality parameters. Accurate and Timely Reporting
Minimum Experience Requirements
Skills and Knowledge (List of the key competencies needed in the position):
• Experience in telecommunication networks
• Experience in 2G and 3G network elements (RNC, Node-B, BSC, BTS)
• Familiar with GSM, 3G and IP protocols
• Drive Test Tool: TEMS, Probe, NEMO (Extensive experience on at least one of these tools is mandatory)
• Experience of at least one RF Planning and Prediction Tool (UNET, Atoll, Asset)
• ACTIX (For post-processing of DT Logs)
• Knowledge of network topology, traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
• Knowledge of network performance/configuration parameters and their interpretation and use.
• Network service/performance focused.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Calm approach to potentially stressful situations
• Strong Interaction & Communication skills with different groups/teams in a multicultural environment
• Proficiency in the English language
Core Job Related competences
- 2-3 years experience in the field of Cellular RF Planning and Optimization. At least 1 year in UMTS RF Optimization Trouble Ticketing and Work order aspects
- Computer Literate, Microsoft products: Outlook, Office suite, Internet
- Drive Test Tool: TEMS, Probe, NEMO (Extensive experience on at least one of these tools is mandatory)
- Experience of at least one RF Planning and Prediction Tool (UNET, Atoll, Asset)
- ACTIX (For post-processing of DT Logs)
- Willingness to work flexible hours and 24x7 availability.
- Customer Focus
- Performance and Results Orientated
- Effective Communication and Impact
- Continuous Improvement and Managing Change
Qualification - Degree or above in electronic, computer, communications, science and engineering professionals
Language: English and one local Language