- Assist the Operations Manager on all branch operational issues by ensuring compliance to processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring uptake and usage of the Division’s branded items and stationery.
- Responsible for the execution of the company’s account manual and all related Policies of the Retail Division.
- Perform other ad-hoc business development task assigned by Supervisor.
Non-Cash Operations Management
- Responsible for verifying, confirming, and processing all Inward cheque payments timely as stated in the Cheque clearing process reconciling daily with bank statement.
- Ensure prompt payment of all outward cheques to clients’ account.
- Responsible for all funds transfer (Internal and external)- branch request, I-vest, and cash saver payments.
- Daily reconciliation of all related banking service products
- Ensure strict adherence to all branch operational registers.
- Ensure that cheque books are ordered on time and delivered to Izwe and registered according to laid down procedure.
- Ensure that all cheques are issued to clients in accordance to laid down procedure and Izwe cheque books are managed according to laid down procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Ease Mobile transactions are processed in time and reconciled daily.
- Responsible for fee debit advice (passbook, counter cheques, etc.) while ensuring that branches comply to laid down process on all savings fee deductions.
- Responsible for IVEST back-office duties in the absence of the Admin Officer for Investment.
Savings APP Management
- Ensure that Field Tellers are assigned to client’s daily collection.
- Responsible for managing daily queries on the SUSU APP from Field Tellers.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily reports from collections are received from the “SUSU APP” developer.
- Responsible for Field Teller end of day uploads.
- Responsible for ensuring proper filling of all documents.
Compliance, Security and Controls
- Comply with relevant institutional policies, processes, and procedures.
- Be well informed to implement policies, processes, and procedures of the Institution.
- Ensure full implementation of all recommendations of audit, compliance, and other management reports.
- Comply with institutional decisions and general communication to staff (memos, circulars, minutes of meetings, etc.)
- Provide management with relevant information on external and internal developments
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports as scheduled to Retail Operations Manager and Head of Retail Division.
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- A Bachelors’ Degree is recommended
- Branch Operations experience at a bank or Savings and Loans with a minimum of 3 years’ experience is essential
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft office and e-mail
Skills / Attributes
- Hard working and goal driven.
- Neat and organized person.
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills; combined with a good portion of common sense
- Ambitious and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to maintain high accuracy levels and work quality standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep things in confidence and exhibit a high level of integrity years