The Fiscal Affairs Department (FAD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking an experienced public financial management (PFM) expert for the second African Regional Technical Assistance Centre in West Africa (AFRITAC West 2), located in Accra, Ghana. The Center provides technical assistance (TA) and training to Cabo Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:10 years
The advisor will be part of a small team and will coordinate and deliver TA on PFM matters to ministries of finance and related institutions in these countries. The advisor’s key areas of focus will be
budget preparation, such as medium-term fiscal and budget frameworks, and performance budgeting;
- fiscal risk management;
- budget execution, including budget execution procedures, expenditure controls, cash management, internal controls, and government financial management information systems; and
- fiscal reporting and transparency. S/he will also integrate the fund’s emerging priorities of gender, climate, and digitalization into the PFM advice.
- The advisor will be required to maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities and development partners at a senior level, and handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
The selected individual will be appointed for an initial period of one year on a renewable basis subject to satisfactory performance. Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with successful candidate’s skills and experience. The advisor will work under the general administrative direction of the Center Director and will report to FAD staff in Washington D.C. on technical and substantive issues.
- Applicants should have a relevant university degree or equivalent (at least at master’s level), preferably in economics or finance.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of 10 years of practical experience in a senior line or advisory position within a ministry of finance, international financial institution, development partners, or major consulting firm.
- The successful candidate should have broad and demonstrated experience in implementing PFM reforms. Familiarity with macro-fiscal capacity building issues, including fiscal forecasting will be an advantage.
- For this position, the applicant will have strong English oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Portuguese will be helpful, but not required.
- Experience in organizing and conducting training courses and workshops would be desirable.
- A willingness to travel extensively is necessary.
- Knowledge of PFM systems and reforms within countries in the region would be an advantage.
For Regional Capacity Development Center (RCDC) selection, in the event a staff member is selected for the position s/he will retain staff status and move laterally for the duration of the assignment subject to the limit of staff assignments earmarked for this purpose. In the event that a contractual employee is selected for an RCDC assignment, s/he will be hired on a Long-Term expert (LTX) contractual appointment basis.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture, and educational background.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.