The position supports all accounting functions, including month end close processes, bank account reconciliations and cash management to support the fiscal well- being of the projects within the West Africa and Middle East Regional Office. Provides guidance on labor allocation, shared costs allocation, balance sheet and bank account reconciliation, all related to the monthly accounting close. Responds to inquiries and assist in trainings.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Reviews existing procedures surrounding country office month end processes and makes recommendations as needed, responds to inquiries, and assist in trainings for country office staff.
- Advises and assists country offices with monthly close, labor allocation and bank account reconciliation tasks.
- Troubleshoots field accounting questions, operational accounting and GFAS related queries and provides timely solutions to the country offices.
- Serves as reviewer/approver for the monthly reconciliations including but not limited to bank reconciliations, cash requests etc.
- Supports country offices with year-end audit requests.
- Monitors and analyzes quarterly GRID scores, to develop more efficient procedures and use of available resources.
- Ensures that country office accounting business practices are adequate, documented, and compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Provides support for country programs by conducting live and virtual trainings on accounting systems and processes. Provides guidance, mentoring to staff as needed.
- Meet with field staff to understand how business processes are performed and identify problems, challenges, and improvement opportunities.
- Applies accounting principles and practices to a limited range of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting and/or other fiscal functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- 5 years and more of accounting experience in public accounting firm or a large company.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. French, Arabic or Spanish skills preferred.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
Interested candidates may follow the application instructions below for detailed information about each position and how to apply.
1. Go to http://www.fhi360.org/careers
2. Click on Search Jobs for the position numbers assigned to each position
3. Create an account and follow the application instructions
Availability of all positions are contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.