Regional Director for Europe and MENA lead the strategy and implementation of WEConnect International activities in the region. The individual must be experienced managing teams and have a strong knowledge of the region and its women’s local economic empowerment and entrepreneurship ecosystems. The Director should be mission-focused, collaborative, a strong team player, creative, self-motivated, open to change, and process minded. The position requires that the individual has strong communication skills and can adjust to the different requirements and cultural conditions of the diverse operating environments where WEConnect International supports buyers and sellers.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:7 years
Education and Experience
- Preference for candidates with a college degree in Marketing or related field. Equivalent training and experience will substitute for education.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of managing multi-cultural teams across countries.
- Experience or expertise in entrepreneurship, business, and international trade.
- Knowledge of Supplier Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated passion for women’s economic empowerment.
- Strong understanding of how the marketing and communications functions support business development. Preference for experience using marketing technology tools to conceptualize and implement branding campaigns.
- Proficient use of English required. Multi-lingual abilities of the languages in the region a plus.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and develop the skills of your team across Europe, Middle East, and North Africa to drive the goals and mission of WEConnect International.
- Collaborate with a team in a global matrixed organization to deliver shared results and exchange best practices.
- Develop a budget and strategy for the region and deliver measurable, cost-effective results.
- Grow and nurture the corporate member buyers and women-owned businesses in the region to our network and facilitate connections and business wins.
- Lead marketing and business development efforts for the region team to increase brand recognition and thought leadership, as well as recruit women=owned businesses and member buyers into the network and identify strong funding opportunities.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships with women and Supplier Diversity & Inclusion organizations, governments, international development organizations, chambers of commerce, and others.
- Measure, track progress, determine impact, and achieve metrics, goals, and stretch goals designed to recruit, engage, and retain women business enterprises and member buyers.
- Support the management and growth of donor funded projects in the region by creating and facilitating processes throughout all project lifecycles including maintaining annual budgets and workplans.
Skills & General Capabilities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Managing teams on-site and virtually.
- Sound judgment and good political skills.
- Customer service mind-set.
- Ability to raise funds and work within allotted budgets.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience with relationship management of multinational corporations.
- Knowledge and experience with supply chain systems and procurement processes.
- Skilled networker and partnership player with the ability to influence others.
- Program management, strategic thinking capabilities, team building, and leadership.
- Patience and high communication skills to be able to address concerns and questions of various stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English; with the ability to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences; and additional local languages are preferred, but not required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems, and deliver results.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external clients. Involves the use of considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
- Excellent motivational skills, enthusiasm, vision, and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop approaches to overcome challenges.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.