Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Implementation of effective collection and recovery strategies that will ensure efficient administration practices and maximization of conversion rates for collections within targets across the bank. (50%)
- Quality leadership and control of collections translating to self and team motivation and satisfaction. (30%)
- Drive Collections Business of the Bank hand in hand with Branch Network and Collections team as well as any service providers and develop Governance around the collection and posting process (10%)
- Team training and development to attain competence requirements for the defined productivity standards. (10%)
- Achieve/meet assigned recovery targets/KPIs to contribute to AMERB’s financial performance and developing policies, procedures and guidelines governing collection activities across the Bank
- Implementing new strategies and tactics to improve collections and recovery performance, training and coaching staff to improve performance
- Liaising with the Bank’s Lawyers, Branches and Credit Department regarding collection and claim pay activities and further developing strong, sustainable relationships
- Verify contents of a transaction to ensure that neither customer nor client is placed at risk.
- Ensure that performance update and quality assurance reports; inform senior management of general collection trends and specific collection issues.
- Ensure improvements of recovery rates to for continued profitability and continuity of business.
- Ensure preparation of collection reports on time, for further discussion & analysis.
- Lead the development and gain commitment to the policies and strategies aimed at the agreed business results.
- Lead achievement of recovery targets to contribute to organization’s financial performance.
- Ensure that all risks are identified, assessed and/or reported and appropriate actions are recommended for protecting the organization’s interest.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and internal controls to protect the organization’s interest.
- To monitor the quality of the cluster’s customer calls and develop actions to improve service standards
- To manage day to day relationships with all stakeholders e.g. Credit administrators, branch credit management, solicitor of the banks, credit committee, external debt collection agencies etc., to deliver targets through:
1. management of responsibilities provided to these stakeholders
2. tracking of collections rates
3. monitoring of service provided to customers
- To keep updated with any practices and standards with respect to recovery of debt.
- To monitor service quality and ensure that service standards and targets are continuously achieved
- To lead the team to achieve all revenue targets and KPIs
- To plan and manage the day to day workflow and performance of the team ensuring that targets and customer service standards are achieved and maintained.
• Head Credit
• Department/Unit Heads
• Direct Reports
• Branch Managers
• Bank Lawyers
• External Collections Agencies
• Bank of Ghana
• Apex Bank
- Business strategy formulation and efficient service delivery to business units.
- Efficiency/effectiveness in recovery activities.
- Identify inherent risks that may be contributing to credit loss in recovery process
- Waste elimination, cost reduction/management initiatives.
- Participate constructively in credit delivery processes by ensuring that all necessary risks are identified and managed effectively.
Judgement / Complexity:
- Demonstrable experience in debt collection
- Evidence of well-developed organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate respectfully and communicate rational for decisions made
- Good judgement required in analyzing, evaluating, interpreting and reporting on delinquent accounts information (including performance indicators) taking cognizance of both internal and external factors to aid in decision-making processes.
- Job requires total integrity and decision-making ability under time and competitive pressures.
- Work involves cross-functional relationships with other business units within Amenfiman Rural Bank and other institutions/agencies and therefore high sense of credibility and collaboration required.
- Agree performance development objectives with the team leader.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Keyboarding / PC skills
- Good personal organization skills
- Team working
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- At least an undergraduate degree or its equivalent in Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration or similar commercial/financial disciplines (ACCA 11 / CA 11, etc. is a plus.).
- Experience with portfolio management and reporting.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in banking and/or finance, including at least 3 years in Debt Management in the Retail and SME areas
- Experience in Partnership management.
- Experience with office automation tools. with five (5) years working experience
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of Credit delivery process & principles, procedures
- Up-to-date with developments on credit risks issues within the banking landscape.
- Excellent financial analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability.
- Well-developed strategic orientation with ability to take decisions in a fast/dynamic competitive environment.
- Practical experience of a previous role is an essential requirement
- Performance Management to optimize own and team's productivity
- Technical (Credit) skills to effectively perform, allocate and/or guide collections activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Portfolio monitoring skills to effectively perform portfolio monitoring and reporting activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Remedial Management skills to effectively perform remedial management activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Strong numerical and credit analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), service providers, debt collection teams and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern credit and operational risk management practices to initiate and implement tactical changes to support business performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Report Writing Skills
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and internal control guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Planning and organizing skills for effectiveness in allocating and coordinating operations (team/self) on a daily basis.
- Understanding of Credit and financial analysis principles
- Ability to prepare Call reports
- Excellent leadership/managerial skills.
- Excellent negotiation and portfolio management skills.
- Good operational risk management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Computer literacy with strong functionality skills (excel, power point other financial/banking software applications.
The guiding values provide a framework for how we in Amenfiman Rural Bank work together and how we serve our customers and the communities we are in:
• Equity and Fairness