Department: Managed Services
Direct Supervisor: Regional team leader
Dept. manager: Head of Field Maintenance
Responsible for the Field Maintenance activities that include the Corrective and Preventive maintenance activities and ensuring high reliability and availability of the network elements in respective regions. Performing daily Network O&M in the area following the vendor specifications and work instructions and ensuring strict access control for all Operational Network Elements under the care.
Key Responsibility Areas
Job Role and Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all area O&M routines for GSM and 3G, power, transmission system are done accordingly
• Audit and keep all inventory lists related to O&M in your area, liaise with Network Operations Manager and Logistic for spare levels and movements and faulty units, spare and repaired items.
• Ensure faulty spares are returned for repairs according to agreed timelines
• Ensure that all operation cost are captured including fuel consumption per generator, electricity bills per month per site, site maintenance per month. Liaise with Senior Power engineer on approval, recording and documentations of all O&M costs for your area
• Co-ordinate network rollout to achieve accepted project plan and quality and make sure that integration of transmission, BTS, power are done accordingly to standard. These activities shall require prior approvals from management.
• New sites and or network elements acceptance process according to vendor specifications and meeting acceptance guidelines.
• BCP (Business continuity planning) implementation in terms of Network Monitoring and establishing physical connections to activate backup links.
• Assistance to NPM and BO team in handling Customer Complaint troubleshooting activities
• Field troubleshooting and follow-up within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA); Accurate and Timely
• Timely Work Order and Preventive Maintenance implementation
• Timely acceptance of Network Elements
Minimum Experience Requirements
Skills and Knowledge (List of the key competencies needed in the position):
• Experience as a Field Engineer in mobile telecommunication environment
• Skilled in one the areas of O&M in RAN and Transmission.
• Network troubleshooting focused.
• Knowledge about network operation processes and interfaces.
• Decision-making skills
• Proficiency in English language
Core Job Related competences
- 2-3 years experience as an Engineer in Mobile Network Operation
- Technical skills and knowledge in field troubleshooting, alarm handling, and O&M of mobile communications
- Skills to isolate troubles, troubleshooting and escalation of faults.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and 24x7 availability.
- Coaching and training abilities
- Customer Focus
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem solving ability
- Performance and Results Orientated
Qualification - Degree or above in electronic, computer, communications, science and engineering professionals
Language - English and one local Language
Computer Skills - MS Windows/Office