In this role you will be working across a few small teams dedicated around a product or service offering. You will help enable the teams by bridging gaps, reducing dependencies, and facilitating knowledge in all aspects around quality and testing. You will be supported by other enablers that work across teams specialising in both code and data while working closely with our existing quality engineer. You will help us define and implement a system to ensure that Omnipresent is building and releasing high quality software while also growing our testing and quality capability within our engineering teams. This role touches all phases of development, from solution definition through to release and production. We are not hiring for your stereotypical tester role - we are looking for someone who is a system builder, collaborator, coach, and automation specialist that can help us release quality software quickly.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
From One Day To The Next You May Be
- Coaching product engineers on how to test the feature they’re working on
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline & test frameworks
- Talking to Product Management about the problems that need to be solved
- Collaborating on broader process initiatives that could cover all aspects of engineering
- This role carries a lot of autonomy and will be key to shaping the future of Omnipresent engineering. We are looking for someone with outstanding communication skills, coaching ability and the ability to think about the system of software development, and how to tweak it to make it better.
You Might Be a Good Fit If
- You have at least 5 years of technology experience
- You have worked in a quality/QA/SDET type role for at least 2 years in a web environment
- You have experience with automated test frameworks and know what a good test might look like, at all the levels within a system
- You can explain why exploratory testing is an important capability for a team to have
- You are comfortable teaching others how to test without needing to be the designated tester yourself
- You appreciate that software quality is influenced by a multitude of factors other than just how much testing occurs
- You have a demonstrated ability to coach others, influence peers and gain buy-in for changes without authority
We Would Consider It a Bonus If you have worked in an environment following
- Modern Testing principles, even better if you can explain how these principles relate to practical examples
- You understand DevOps practices and the thinking behind them, and recognise the role that Quality plays in DevOps
- You have worked with automated release tooling such as Circle CI, understand feature flags, ring based deployments, and other related technologies
We are open for applications from both intermediate and senior Quality Engineers!
What's in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you'll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months, we offer 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for primary caregivers. We also offer enhanced leave for secondary caregivers, of 4 weeks at full pay and an additional 4 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. Prefer a PC to a Mac? No problem. You choose what you need. We'll give you a budget to get all the infrastructure that enables you to work effectively wherever you are, including broadband costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that's accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take, so that you make sure that you apply the knowledge you have gained in theory, and the learned information will stay with you long term.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.