- Review client’s requirements and specifications and ensure that the company is able to meet their contractual obligations
- Control and coordinate all factory procedures to ensure it is in compliance with standard quality procedures.
- Continuously review general manufacturing quality control processes and procedures
- Completely set up the quality control laboratory and put in a request for the required tools and equipment
- Ensure optimum performance of laboratory tools and equipment by way of preventative requirements and routine maintenance and submit a comprehensive report on this to the head polymers.
- Frequently liaise with clients especially those in the food liners industry for complaints, feedback and address their concerns appropriately
- Ensure that the right quality of raw materials are received, stored, and used to allow for the effective operation of the unit
- Control and coordinate the daily operations of factory staff and ensure that the environment is kept safe, secured and clean.
- Reduce incident, accident rates and product defects to the barest minimum
- Liaise with Standard Board, EPA and other regulatory bodies to ensure strict compliance with set standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties within the scope and intent of the job as may be required from time to time
- Provide guidance and supervision to the general factory workers
- The incumbent is responsible for setting up the quality control lab and ensuring the safety and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Continuously contact Head polymers and Quality Control Manager, to discuss quality control problems.
- Works in a seated position
- Frequently walks and stands
- Continuously engages in seeing and thinking for more than 4 hours each day.
- Keeps alert for 2 – 4 hours a day.
- A little exposure to noise
- Lack of privacy
Key Performace Indicators:
- % of defects or deviations found in the process control
- Improvement in time and cost management
- Customer reported problems (Feedback, defects and complaints)
- Cost of poor quality product to the company
- Quality testing efficiency