Under the responsibility of the Production Manager. The QCO is heading a team of 20 lab technicians
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Take charge of the Quality Control of raw materials, water, finished products, etc
- Supervising staff and maintaining quality control processes, analyzing the results, and giving feedback and guidance to the production team.
- Ensure and assist in determining if materials, product and/or processes are in accordance with specifications
- Ensure the staff follows the set processes and adhere to best production practices and product quality standards.
- Prepare, support, and manage the budget allocated to the Lab equipment and reagents
- Be the guarantor to the general management of the performance of the Lab tool in compliance with HSE standards.
Activities and tasks
As part of his responsibilities, the Quality Control Officer is required to:
- Oversee the collection and production samples to evaluate quality
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, water samples, finished goods or stability samples
- Inspect all product returns, analyze the defect, and document the findings.
- Verify that all processes are conforming to established quality standards and required customers specifications.
- Carries out ongoing lab and field sampling. Auditing visual tests of materials and processes
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data release
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality issues and develop a solution
- Record, compile, and prepare reports for analysis and evaluation.
- Assist with auditing, writing, revising, and verifying quality standards and developing forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Monitor performance of quality control to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate quality control information to relevant organizational services.
- Instruct staff in quality control and analytical procedures
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Establish monthly and annual activity report
- Participate in the development of product specifications
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- Implement quality control training programs.
- Organize teams, manage them administratively, plan their training needs
- Participate in the recruitment of new employees, in support of HR
- Lead, evaluate, develop, motivate, and mobilize teams of collaborators
- All other duties as assigned
Working conditions and place
- Position on an industrial site at KWAE, near KADE, Eastern Region
- Factory operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- FSSC, RSPO, HALAL, YUM, URSA, QMS ISO 9001 Certifications working environment
- Provision of accommodation on working site
- Excellent mastery of food chemistry, water chemistry, and biochemistry of natural substances
- Good knowledge to develop and implement an efficient quality control plan
- Mastery of Good Laboratory practices
- Good knowledge of sample management practice
- Managerial skills to manage a team.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Rigorous and very responsive
- Analytical and synthetic mind
- Good interpersonal skills
- Resist pressure from users
- Work in a team / inter-departmental
- Ability to be available as soon as the situation demands it
- Calm Indispensable to face emergencies and daily demands.
- Real listening, analysis, and dialogue skills
- Be able to organize and supervise the work of others with responsiveness and anticipation
- Good managerial skills: listening, leadership, exemplarity, assertiveness, proactivity, discernment, openness, and integrity
- know how to lead a meeting
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams
- 2-5 years’ experience related to quality control in a similar position, preferably in the food industry or any order quality environment
- Degree in Chemistry/Food chemistry or biochemistry of natural substances will be highly advantageous
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.