- Conduct physicochemical analysis on wheat, wheat flour using NIR and wet chemistry methods
- Conduct proximate analysis on feed samples and their raw materials using NIR and wet chemistry methods
- Physical inspection on packaging bags for flour and feed.
- Ensure raw materials and finished products released for sales or approved for use conforms to customer requirement, company specification, and existing national standard
- Ensure that samples are sent to SGS/GSA/FRI for microbial, heavy metals every 4 months
- Ensure samples for laboratory proficiency testing is done and reported on time
- Prepare Certificate of Analysis for customers
- Lab retains for feed and flour (shelf life) as well as CGA samples, prospective samples, and samples sent to a third-party lab
- Comply with the SOP for laboratory analysis and lab chemical preparation
- Record and compile test results, prepare graphs, charts, and reports based on the results obtained.
- Conduct regular maintenance of laboratory equipment by calibrating, sterilizing or cleaning them.
- Assist with food research, development, and quality control.
- Adhere to good laboratory practices and ensure compliance of good manufacturing practices in the factory
- Raise non-conformance reports against non-conforming products
- Ensure that any raw materials that have been rejected is out of the factory
- Ensures all critical control points and equipment are monitored and its corrective action plan well documented