We are looking for a self-motivated software engineer with experience developing in Python, to work on test automation tools or Linux based embedded hardware. This role offers an exciting opportunity to push the industry forward by enabling entirely new Linux based hardware testing capabilities, scaling up hardware certification efforts and allowing for deeper test coverage. The role involves the development and maintenance of Canonical’s open source certification tools, supporting the creation of hardware solutions for test automation, and automating our existing processes. We seek out continuous process and tooling improvements as part of expanding the certification test suites, ultimately to improve the quality of Linux experience felt by millions of Linux end users.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Maintain and develop new features to our Python based test automation tools like Checkbox, used by both in-house teams and industry partners.
- Invent new ways to enable remote, automated testing.
- Help build the software counterpart to in-house designed testing hardware to help test device enablement (graphics, hotplug, bluetooth, etc).
- Write functional and performance tests to support hardware enablement and to protect from regressions.
- Participate in meetings involving international travel 2-3 times per year.
Required Skills And Experience:
- Knowledge of Python programming language.
- Quality oriented, pragmatic approach to software design and implementation.
- Interest in test automation methodologies.
- Previous experience working with Ubuntu or other Linux distributions.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.