Reporting: The General Manager.
- Develops and executes short and intermediate term strategies that support growth of the mine operation and ensuring strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s long-term strategy
- Leads execution of strategies in the mine operation to enhance current mine operation practices and performance
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Manages the human, technical and operational resources of the mine operation
- Sets performance targets and measures, monitors and manages overall performance of the function and direct reports
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements, documentation and presentations.
- Monitor and manage the project schedule, timelines and project team members and dealing with other operational issues such as minimizing the down time issues as required
- Negotiate and resolve issues as they arise across areas of the project and where they impact on other activities, systems and projects
- Responsible for handling the petty cash system for the site and reporting all transactions to the Accra head office.
- Communicate project status to project sponsor, all team members, and other relevant stakeholders as well as liaise with the main contract awarding agencies, communities and other parties involved on an ongoing basis.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a graduate degree in Structural Engineering, Mining or Civil Engineering
- Project Management Professional an added advantage
- Recognized Mining service, Health & Safety certification.
- A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in mining site management and leading teams within the mining industry
- Ability to ensure safety compliance at all times
- Ability to prepare and manage financial reports and budget.
- Ability to handle confidential information and act judiciously in all matters
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Must be robust /tough and a disciplinarian
- Must be a hands-on manager, able to routinely work long hours