Manage multiple tanks, piping and Spraying works of different sizes. The role is primarily responsible for Tanks Fabrication, piping and Spraying works from initiation through execution to project closeout and ensuring works are completed on time, within budget and within scope to the delight of the client. This includes all activities and documentation required to support and ensure successful projects, submittals, change management, schedule maintenance, project meetings, management and issuance of all project management documents and reports, etc.
- Develop comprehensive project/job plans (Schematics) to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Prepare, review and sign off project drawings, and where necessary assist to produce the product drawings.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project cost using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure and track project performance using appropriate tolls and techniques and project progress reports on timely basis.
- Plan and manage project meetings, ensuring minutes of meetings are distributed on time.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Delegate project tasks to site engineers or supervisors based on the individual’s strengths, skills sets and experience levels.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Managing multiple projects that are running concurrently.
- Applying initiative and industrial knowledge in planning and execution to ensure project deliverables are met within the constraints of cost and schedule.
- Flexible enough to accommodate changing customer/client needs and operational constraints.
Job Knowledge, Skills, And Experiences:
Key Competencies Level
- Project management - Skill
- Mechanical, Piping and spraying - Skill
- Construction management - Skill
- Negotiation - Knowledge
- Contract management - Knowledge
- Software Applications – AutoCAD, Revit & MS projects and Related Design Software - Skill
- Procurement - Knowledge
- Environment, health and safety management - Skill
- Team leadership - Knowledge
Qualification and Experience required:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Professional Engineer Certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in Tanks Fabrication and Piping Project Management
- Project Management Professional
- Intermediate Level with Ms. Word, Excel and Power Point
- An understanding of fundamental business activities and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Perform Quality Control duties in the absence of Quality Control Officers.