In close collaboration with FAO, the OIE country representative and sub regional representative the incumbent will provide technical support, coordinate and actively manage the effective implementation of the project among implementing agencies, stakeholders and across the tripartite as well as monitor and report progress of work. He/She will also work closely with the AMR committees and AMR Secretariat to ensure parties deliver on activities. The successful candidate will be supervised by the Health Systems and Services Cluster Lead, the WHO focal point on AMR and under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative for Ghana.
Summary of Assigned Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Ghana AMR MPTF activities including oversight of the work plan
- Ensure effective coordination and joint action between Tripartite teams, implementing partners and ensure consistency and complementarity in approach and messaging
- Be the focal point for communication among key partners and stakeholders at country level.
- Monitor the implementation of approved work plan with support from the Tripartite organizations
- Support activity proposals and final technical reports and ensure they are in accordance with agreed work plan and results framework and respective indicators
- Submit consolidated narrative reports on progress, in accordance with the agreed results framework and respective indicators
- Develop terms of reference and concepts for technical assistance where appropriate and in collaboration with the Tripartite agencies
- Liaise with the Tripartite focal points on fund administration issues
- Facilitates financial and activity reporting among implementing partners and the Tripartite organization
- Work closely with the country AMR committee or Secretariat to ensure effective coordination
- Develops briefings on AMR, the MPTF project for the AMR committee and implementing partners where appropriate
- Coordinates and documents best practices and lessons among implementing institutions
- Monthly progress report on project deliverables.
- Annual report to be submitted to MPTF secretariat by Feb 2022
- Progress reports for two monthly implementation calls with MPTF secretariat
- Other expected deliverables as may be requested by the country office or the MPTF Secretariat.
- Communication in a credible and effective way
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- A minimum first degree in Medicine or Veterinary medicine or Pharmacy or Nursing or Laboratory sciences or other relevant related fields.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant or related field and additional qualification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- At least 5 years relevant experience working in the health, food and agriculture or the environment sector.
- At least 2 years working on antimicrobial use and resistance space
- Experience in implementing public health programmes with the UN agencies.
- Experience in proposal writing, facilitating or being part of proposal writing team is and added advantage.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with the AMR global and national action plans and the one health national AMR Platform is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- According to UN salary scale NOB step 1