Ministry of Finance
Ghana Economic Transformation Project (GETP)
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) has received financing from the World Bank for the implementation of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project (GETP). The objective of the project is to promote private investments and firm growth in non-resource-based sectors. The guiding principle of the Project is to promote and strengthen a growth model that is conducive to economic transformation, to achieve higher rates of investment and productivity growth across the economy, especially in non-resource-based sectors.
A. Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant will be required to provide technical support to the implementing agencies in charge of activities related to Project Component 1 of the said project, which include the topics of business environment, in particular business registration, investment promotion and attraction, and certification and quality standards for business operations. Key ministries and agencies involved in the implementation of this Component are the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI), Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) and the Registrar General Department (RGD).
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the consultant will undertake the following specific tasks:
- Work with the relevant IAs and the PCU Team to plan and deliver on the objectives of the Project Component
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for effective implementation of the Project.
- Oversee/monitor the implementation of the component activities and provide overall guidance to the implementing agencies in terms of technical implementation of the project activities
- Provide expertise/technical support and strategic advice to the IAs in developing project implementation work plans and budgets
- Ensure timely and effective management of the Project and implementation of all activities listed in the Work Plan (WP)
- Collect data, document the results of the project and support the accurate and timely submission of quarterly, annual and end of project activity progress/narrative reports and financial reports pertaining to the relevant IAs.
- Assist in drafting progress reports against agreed performance indicators
- Participate in project coordination and peer review meetings with Project Team
- Assist the IAs in drafting the Technical ToRs relating to the component for consultancy assignments
- Review draft documents prepared by various experts and provide substantive actionable comments on draft documents produced to improve the quality, consistency and strategic contribution
- contribute to the analysis and drafting of excerpts of the technical documents, as needed
- Assist in facilitating workshops and consultations with beneficiaries, other consultants and institutions involved in project activities
- Contribute and provide inputs into the reports to be generated by the IAs
- Identify lessons learned and best practices from the project implementation process and provide necessary support for improving the GETP activities at all levels; and
- Provide other guidance upon request.
B. Duration of Assignment
The expert will be contracted for an initial period of 24months. The assignment may however be extended on annual basis.
C. Consultant Qualifications and Experience
The position requires work of a conceptual, analytical and advisory nature at the higher professional level related to project development objective, and general project work that require substantive innovation and may involve some functions that are supervisory in nature to oversee project activities. Qualifications at this level include an advance degree and relevant experience commensurate with the job.
Specifically, the Consultant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in project management, public policy, economics, law, business, development studies, or related discipline;
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience related to at least one of the topics covered by this Component (business environment/registration, investment promotion, quality standards and certification for business operation),
- Knowledge and experience of working with the Ghanaian Private sector
- Experience in managing or working on donor funded projects a plus
- Experience in writing technical TORs
- Ability to identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to managerial, technical and broad range of operational issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to write succinctly and persuasively in plain English of publishable quality and to build stakeholder understanding and buy-in of more complex situations
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, including the ability to integrate feedback of team
- Proven ability to collaborate well, manage and facilitate group discussions, including within multi-cultural environments, and to deliver work in a timely manner.
D. Required documents
The application should include the following documents:
- An updated CV
- Copies of relevant diplomas (university degrees, etc.)
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with Individual Selection Method as set out in the Consultant Guidelines (Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) [January 2011 version, revised in 2014].
E. Submission of Expressions of Interest
Interested Consultants may obtain further clarification and Terms of Reference, preferably by e- mail, at the address below from 9.00AM to 4.00PM, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays).
Expressions of interest shall be in English and must be delivered via electronic submissions to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and PWujakpa@mofep.gov.gh
THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (GETP)
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BOX MB 40, ACCRA, GHANA
ATTN: PROCUREMENT UNIT
ROOM 340, MAIN BLOCK
TEL: 0302-747197 / EXT. 1540
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.