This role is for a non-profit organization that invests in young entrepreneurs and small businesses. We empower entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into viable, self- sustaining businesses and we work alongside promising small businesses to help them scale and reach their full potential.
Each program is driven by local staff and private sector experts, resulting in a distinctive focus on commercial solutions and local knowledge. Our customized, best-in-class business support programs feature a mix of skills training, mentorship, and seed funding.
Since our inception, more than 600 young leaders have been trained in business skills and entrepreneurship through participation in our programs. Many of the start-ups formed or incubated through us have secured additional investment and gone on to win other start-up competitions.
Lead Program Development and Implementation across Regional Hubs
- Develops Business Booster and AgriTech strategic plan, trains and directs staff on the implementation of strategic plan across all components of the program.
- Develops and maintains a network of program collaborators to build sustainability across all regional zones
- Ensures that assigned project-based programs adhere to established schedules, specifications, and budgets
- Manages overall program timeline and implementation in accordance with our program mandate and in collaboration with partner requirements
- Leads local elements of the program and directs activities of regional officers on tactical implementation
- Ensures high quality execution, and a good experience for all program stakeholders
- Develops and implements program related policies and procedures
Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
- Ensures completion of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) internally and externally for collaborating partners as part of project work scope
- Prepares project focused reports on project progress, activity proposals, and other topics as needed for collaborating partners
Agribusiness Technical Lead:
- Lead advisor on all agribusiness related issues to our staff and for our Program
Staff Management Responsibility:
- Oversees the schedules and work of regional officers, agribusiness specialist and program coordinator
- Supervises the day-to-day workflow of the department; Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Handles discipline of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Qualifications and Required:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10-years work experience in Agribusiness, entrepreneurship or a related field and 4 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as strong business acumen
- Proven project management skills and ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple priorities
- Capable leader who motivates and engages people.
- Organized, high-energy individual capable of working in a complex, fast paced and fluid environment; cognizant of when to operate with urgency and/or escalate matters.
- Critical thinker and self-starter who can work proactively to identify key business priorities and work across teams to implement necessary solutions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects, maintain composure, and deliver results under pressure and against tight deadlines.
Deadline: 15th October 2021