The position will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating all SHI programs and providing key accountability measures to ensure that SHI resources are properly accounted for through periodic program implementing and assessment reports. This position will also coordinate the analysis of the internal data collected and facilitate the learning opportunities from that analysis and other research, information, or knowledge relevant to SHI programs. The position reports directly to the Country Director (“CD”).
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:2 years
The job responsibilities of the Program Coordinator shall include but not limited to:
● Work with Country Director, Program Coordinator, and program staff to establish and implement annual program plan
● Tracking of outcome-based metrics to improve quality of life with dignity
○ Compile & analyze monthly data in the big picture, and compare to benchmarks
○ Critically assess what if anything needs to change to achieve outcomes
● Work with CD and PC to ensure annual program plans/activity plans are consistent with organizational strategy
● Facilitate annual activity planning process to achieve organizational strategy and program goals; evaluate, assess and articulate budget implications
● Evaluate and document all program design to ensure all programs are considering best-practices in order to achieve intended outcome
● Ongoing evaluation of individual program implementation
● Includes reviewing dashboards on a monthly basis, comparing the results to projected outputs, review challenges and follow up on how to best address the challenges raised, engage in ongoing (quarterly) evaluation of how programs are going to anticipate possible barriers or challenges, determine a plan to address them in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
● Provides ongoing guidance and support to adapt activity plans as necessary throughout the year to best meet client needs under changing circumstances to maximize impact within budgetary constraints
● Provides strategic guidance in Self-Help’s service areas and guide programs teams to incorporate best practices into regular activities
● Designs and facilitates capacity-building activities for programs team members
● Develops and fosters strategic connections, partnerships and relationships to further the SHI-Ghana program goals and/or meet needs of stakeholders that are beyond the scope of SHI’s mission
● Liaises with stakeholders and advisors to provide insight on program implementation,
● Actively establishes and cultivates new relationships to provide technical expertise
● Evaluates programs continuously. Shares identified program strengths and proactively
● Engages in collaborative problem-solving to address program weaknesses.
● Supports Country Director, Program Coordinator, and program staff with cost-benefit assessment and analysis to inform implementation of program activities consistent with
● annual budgets including management of revolving fund
● Shares information learned through SHI programs with others working in the programmatic space & learns from others based on their experiences with similar program work
● Submit regular reports to Country Director, Board of Directors, or other relevant stakeholders. I.e. monthly report and meeting with Country Director; quarterly summary of activities and updates created as part of report submitted to SHI Board of Directors Ghana Committee
Qualifications and Attributes
1. Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Planning, Community Development, Monitoring and Evaluation.
2. A minimum of two years experience in data management and analysis.
3. Advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases).
4. At least three years’ direct experience in a position of project design, implementation and evaluation.
5. Strong experience in conducting research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations.
6. Good oral and written communication skills in English and Twi. Working knowledge in Dagaare is a plus.
7. Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player.
9. Strong analytical skills.
The Program Coordinator shall report to the Country Director
The Program Coordinator will be based in Kumasi but will work with clients in SHI operating districts and municipalities in both the Ashanti and Upper West regions. Candidate must have work permission in Ghana.
The salary for the Program Coordinator ranges between GHS 65,000 and GHS 70,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are to submit their cover letters and CVs to the Country Director via email at email@example.com before 1st August, 2022.
Subject line should include “Programs Coordinator – Applicant’s Name”
They may call 0200825100 for further clarifications.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.