We are searching for a reliable, innovative production engineer to oversee manufacturing processes at our company. You will join our growing team of professionals and be responsible for supervising staff, ensuring health and safety codes are followed, training workers in the responsible use of machinery, identifying problems in the production line, troubleshooting equipment, and completing various administrative tasks.
- Supervising the manufacturing processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner.
- Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production.
- Develop operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
- Liaising with other engineers to develop plans that improve production costs, and labor required.
- Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations and training.
- Establishing safety procedures and protocols that take the workers' well-being into account, and that also minimize the carbon footprint.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production, and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting unsafe practices.
- Drawing up production schedules and budgets for projects.
- Scheduling meetings with relevant departments and stakeholders.
- Analyzing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement.
- Obtaining any materials and equipment required.
- Schedule maintenance; production targets.
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in this field.
- Should be a non-Ghanaian preferably, Chinese/Asian.
- Should be ready to relocate to Accra, Ghana, West Africa.
- Experience with operating glass & glazing process plants/machinery.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (Engineering), project management certification.
- Ability to manage equipment operators.
- Relevant license may be required.
- Proven experience in the engineering field.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
Salary Range: - ($3,000 – negotiable, Accommodation, Cost of Visa & Immigration permit)