- Ensure timely procurement of raw material, packaging, reagents & glassware, equipment, spare parts, and general goods to meet corporate objectives.
- Ensure adequate numbers of suppliers are approved for each material procured and to obtain high-quality suppliers for the company at competitive prices.
- Ensure efficient tracking of all import materials resulting in timely delivery to meet production supply.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers to optimize cost, quality, and delivery on behalf of the Company.
- Ensures compliance with Custom Excise & Preventive Service and Ghana Food and Drugs Authority on all regulations that affect import and export of Pharmaceutical and other related products.
- Coordinate with the Finance section to ensure timely execution of Letters of Credit to meet supplier, bank, and corporate requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of all necessary documentation for clearance of materials at port.
- Manage warehouse and monitor inventory Levels, raw and finished product cycles, product specifics, and freshness levels.
- Track inventory levels to ensure optimal stock holding of all materials.
- Provide visibility on future situations with scenario planning to support the business decisions.
- Liaise with the Human Capital Section on Staff management issues such as hiring, training, performance management, welfare, discipline, etc. for staff.
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by Senior Management.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- First degree or 2nd degree plus a professional qualification in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 7 years in a managerial position required.
- Must be proactive and have good decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Previous experience in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment is an added advantage
- Certificate or previous experience in Purchasing & Supply
- Must be computer literate in Ms. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical and forecasting skills.