Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Head Office
- Responsible for the purchase of all requirements for all Departments within the company as per approved specifications
- Expedites and ensures the delivery of items on time, per agreed delivery terms.
- Proactively engages with suppliers to negotiate prices to achieve aggressive cost savings
- Ensures budgetary availability for all tenders and orders.
- Provides all relevant information for Tendering and Purchase Order Processing (POP).
- Ensures that all contracts have the required clauses with strong SLAs and Service Fee reductions.
- Ensures contracts signed are managed properly.
- Develops, prepares and maintains relevant (management) reports, spend analysis and reporting value improvements within the category.
- Supports Line Manager in the development of specific category strategies.
- Keeps accurate data on all purchases related to all categories
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or other related business discipline.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Proven talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experienced in collecting and analyzing data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience and knowledge of the telecommunications or IT industry inventory management is preferred
- Flexible – Able to work long hours when required
- Physically fit to undertake task