The Procurement Officer is to provide support to the Procurement and Logistics Lead in the development and implementation of best practice in procurement & logistics, using a category and inventory management approach, in order to meet the key objectives of the SCM function and to ensure that value for money is achieved for the benefit of all stakeholders through sustainable and efficient procurement and logistics procedures.
- To provide support to the Procurement & Logistics Lead and Team in the provision of various functions of the SCM team.
- To support the leadership and management for the operations and continuous improvement of the Procurement function.
- To help manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, working collaboratively and proactively with all cross functional teams in full partnership, ensuring the organization is receiving value for money, and to advise on the most suitable procurement and logistics routes for client requirements while ensuring best practice and adherence to the companies Procurement and Logistics Policies and Procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to the department on category teams for the tendering of high value/critical contracts, including the development of the customer’s requirements, drafting of tender documentation, tender evaluation and clarification, evaluation of responses, contract award and supplier de-brief.
- To work closely with the Procurement and Logistics Lead and client internal stakeholders to identify future procurement requirements/ tendering exercises in order to ensure that procurement is coordinated and that opportunities for collaboration can be managed to maximize purchasing power and to minimize duplication of effort.
- To work to support the framework agreements, and corporate contracts which represent best value for money and reduce procurement spend, liaising with external purchasing consortia to develop procurement strategies and participating in working groups as required.
- Support the Strategic Leadership in Logistics Operations improvement agenda of the Ghana Business Reset i.e. Inventory Management, Transportation Management, Domestic Freight Forwarding, Stock receipt and issuance, etc.,
- To support to undertake regular reviews of existing contracts and to co-ordinate and undertake contract renewal meetings with relevant stakeholders.
Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Minimum 3 years relevant evidenced experience
- Degree level in a business or management related subject
- Computer literate, with advanced Microsoft Office skills/abilities
Technical Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, logistics and inventory management, commercial understanding and total cost management
- Team management dynamics
- Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit environments
Managerial and other Skills Required:
- Keen attention to details.
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts on demand and companies request fulfilment.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive work relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets.
- Analytical, numerically astute and with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities