- Forecast levels of demand for services and products
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Closely monitor fast-moving products and buy in bulk
- Negotiate discounts and rebates, payment terms, other operating income
- Manage the product database in its rightful manner
- Authorization of purchase order and follow up the timely supply
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supplies and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their product, delivery times, and potential future development
- Working with team managers (Accounts, Snr QS/Project Manager, Construction Crew Manager, etc.) to complete duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply, Procurement Management or Supply chain management
- A professional qualification in procurement management (e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS UK), Associate or Membership of a recognized procurement management body will be an added advantage.
- Must have three (3) years or more experience in a similar role. Experience in the Construction industry is an added advantage.
Salary Range: GHC 1500 - 2200