Salary Range: Net salary of 500-700 cedis depending on experience
The Print Finishing Technician is responsible for producing complete specialized post print projects in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures. Coordinates workload schedule to meet customer time frame requirements while achieving optimum productivity. Performs basic daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum output. Works closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
General and Administrative
- Coordinate with the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
Post Print Operations
- Operate the Finishing Equipment in accordance with equipment operating procedures.
- As a Print Finisher you will support the Production Department and join the team responsible for completing the final display of print products through using precision cutting, laminating, saddle stitching, creasing, mounting equipment, etc.
- Interface with the Customer Service Representative, Designer and/or the customer to ensure a complete understanding of the Print order.
- Perform all Print Finishing Technician functions as noted on the work order.
- Maintain knowledge of safety requirements of job and equipment.
- Perform job packaging as needed.
Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures.
- Understand and perform all troubleshooting procedures on the Finishing Machines.
- Monitor and manage inventory of supplies. Order and stock supplies as instructed by supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems and place service calls when needed
Qualification and Requirements:
- Senior High School, HND equivalent
- At least two years of experience in a Print Finishing Technician position
- Knowledge of printing terminology and print design techniques
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and ability to multitask
- Compassionate and warm personality
- Good understanding of Printer, copier functions and bindery processes
- Customer Service: Phone, Face to Face skills
- Printing industry knowledge
- Quality Focus: Listening, Attention to detail, Analyzing information
- Documentation Skills
- Problem Solving: Resolving conflict
NB: The Print Finishing Technician must provide a sample of his/her works