The Position is for a short-term contract of six (6) months, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides inputs for the formulation of policies
- Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities of the unit
- Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the unit
- Ensures the effective development and implementation of strategies, standards, guidelines, procedures and processes on IT programmes and activities of the Authority
- Oversees the overall functioning of IT systems
- Oversees the development and maintenance of IT infrastructure of the Authority
- Provides inputs for the conduct of negotiations on IT service level agreements with service providers
- Oversees the development of effective and efficient IT security systems
- Provides advice and guidelines on the acquisition, allocation, maintenance, utilization, valuation and disposal of IT equipment of the Authority
- Ensures close collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the management of IT systems of the Authority
- Ensures collaboration with relevant stakeholders on database management interface on the Authority’s systems
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the website of the Authority
- Ensures an efficient, effective and sustainable operation of the Authority’s automated system and its integrity
- Oversees the implementation of the Performance Management Systems within the unit
- Ensures the preparation of budget and work plan for the unit
- Oversees the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Unit
- Appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Management Information System (MIS) or any other related field
- Must have a relevant industry skill-based certification(s)
- A minimum of six (6) years post-Bachelor’s relevant work experience, two (2) years of which must be in the senior management position in a reputable organization
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority.