Employer: Government Agency
Date: August 2021
Department: HR Unit
Responsible to: Director - General Administration
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Business/Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or any other related disciplines
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body
- At least six (6) years in-depth experience in Human Resource Management, two (2) years of which must be in a Senior Management level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement HR policies related to recruitment, promotions, remuneration, and staff relation and performance management.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of staff including preparation of job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, reference checking and making offers to candidates.
- Supervises the development and preparation of the Unit’s work plan, budget and quarterly and annual reports.
- Supervise day to day operations of all Human Resource (HR) and logistical support areas to ensure smooth running of the Authority
- Supervises the development and updates of the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) for the Authority
- Supervises the organisational design and HR planning of the Authority
- Supervises the development and implementation of employee compensation and benefits schemes
- Implements activities relating to employee wellbeing and conducive work environment
- Coordinates activities relating to Management – Union relationship
- Supervises the implementation of disciplinary processes and procedures of the Authority
- Implements training, learning and development activities of the Authority
- Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff.
- In-charge of the payroll system and administration
- Develop orientation programmes and oversee staff induction for new hires.
- Conduct training needs assessment for direct reports and coordinate organization wide training needs assessment in liaison with Heads of Departments and organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Receive, analyse and follow up to ensure resolution of employee grievances and complaints as per the HR policy.
- Ensure safe custody of relevant employee records
- Participate in drafting policies and procedures papers on human resources and administration matters for consideration and approval.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence
- High level of integrity and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under strict deadline
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
Salary: Government of Ghana Single Spine Salary Level based on Academic qualifications and experience.
Range = GH¢2,800.00 – GH¢3,000.00