- Provide effective leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the instructional program, technology management, fiscal leadership/management, and school operations.
- Assist in the mentoring, recruiting, screening, selecting, and assigning of the staff.
- Supervise, observe, evaluate and train teachers and staff.
- Interpret data from student assessments, program evaluations, and benchmarking activities to improve and accelerate student learning.
- Provide a climate of high expectation for staff and students with a focus on learning and results.
- Lead benchmarking process.
- Identify day-to-day challenges in the classroom, recognize barriers to program delivery, and collaborate with staff to address these challenges.
- Communicate and clarify the school’s mission, vision, and goals to stakeholders and others.
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness.
- Strong communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong focus on improvement of student academic performance.
- Ability to promote a safe and orderly learning environment
- Together, you and the directors form an equal partnership in running the school, each in their respective spheres of management and governance. As the Principal you will:
- Keep the directors informed of all matters relating to the school through reports at management meetings and immediate communication following major school events or happenings
- Provide data to assist the directors in their work.
- Make recommendations to the directors for approval
- Seek direction from the directors on new initiatives.
- Jointly with the directors, set annual goals for your performance.
- Provide documentation materials for the directors to use in your evaluation
- Oversee the program of admissions of new students to the school.
- Present the school to prospective students and parents, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents; interviews with candidates and their parents; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
- Oversee the admission office and appropriate admissions and marketing materials, mailings and publications.
- Organize and administer, with the Vice Principal, the Financial Aid Committee, the program for scholarships and financial aid. (Future plan)
- Evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admissions and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrolment of qualified students.
- Manage the re-enrolment of current students for the succeeding year.
- Uphold the academic and ethical standards of the school.
- Support with recruiting, supervising and evaluating all administrators and teaching staff.Foster professionalism, collegiality, and ethical conduct among staff.
- Provide for the professional development of staff.
- Stimulate and participate in the dialog about teaching and learning at the school.
- Supervise the selection of curricula, class schedules, assessments, graduation requirements, and all aspects of the school’s academic program.
- Optimize the physical learning environment and technology in all instructional areas.
- Design school timetables
- Mentor new teachers, teaching workshops or seminars and observe teachers in the classroom
- Serve as a chief communicator between the directors and staff
- Evaluate departmental work through results and classroom performance
- Set standards of participations and achievement in curriculum development and hands-on learning experiences and enrichment opportunities
- Help staff design, implement and administer student academic programs, consistent with the school’s values, teaching styles and mission
- Develop school improvement plan with staff
- Ensure the availability of adequate resources for the promotion of effective learning
- Administer discipline to staff when appropriate
- Identify, assess and address learning and developmental needs of staff and recommend appropriate interventions
- Monitor staffs's work through professional development and discussion
- Assign duties and monitor activities of both teaching and non-teaching staff in order to achieve set targets
- Promote an internal organization that permits transparent, open communication – up and down
To Clients / Student Welfare:
- Take the necessary steps to include a safe and caring environment that fosters well-being, and maintains respectful and responsible behavior for each student.
- Interpret the school’s programs and agenda to the public i.e. through newsletters and strive to personify the school
- Give tours and informational packages to potential staff and students/families.
- Maintain positive/ constructive relationships between current families and alumni
- Monitor pupils' progress through exams, reports and the scrutiny of work.
- Ensure clients suggestions and complaints are addressed to satisfaction.
- Organize and implement in conjunction with the Vice Principal and coordinators student activities and extracurricular opportunities.
- Administer the school’s discipline policies and standards of conduct.
- Supervise the school’s support systems, such as counseling, academic support, before- and after-school programs, college or secondary school counseling, health, and wellness, by proxy.
- Oversee the school safety programs including building security, emergency procedures, transportation regulations, Acts of God and fire drills, etc.
- Promote a healthy student culture in and out of school.
- Optimize all-school gatherings including assemblies, sporting events, performances, etc.
- Provide for character education and ethical teachings in keeping with the mission of the school.
- Ensure that the school is ready and prepared to report student progress to parents on a timely and helpful basis.
- Master’s Degree (Educational Administration preferred).
- Working knowledge of GES and Cambridge curriculum and instruction.
- 5-10 Years of experience