- To plan effective and high-quality teaching and learning in the Early Years
- Foundation Stage for Pre School and Key Stage 1 & 2 for Primary Classes 1 - 6
- To teach and provide learning opportunities that will enable every child to be supported and challenged to reach their potential by creating a safe,stimulating supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Provide a holistic approach for the development of the children by planning and implementing activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of the children in the school.
- To be responsible for planning and implementing a program to teach young children, ensuring the development and safety of these children in accordance with relevant legislations and policies.
- Planning and developing work schemes and lesson plans to motivate children and imaginatively use resources to help them learn.
- Organize activities and lessons so children can learn about the world, explore interests and develop talents.
- The teacher / teaching assistant / caregiver will be respectful of children, parents and colleagues and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean,safe and well maintained.
- Work with children in groups or one on one depending on the needs of children and the subject matter.
- To be able to manage behavior effectively using a range of strategies.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of school authorities so as to be communicated to parents.
- Observing, assessing and recording each child’s progress and reporting on progress at set times of the term and year.
- To Monitor child(ren)’s progress, keep meaningful records and evaluate performance throughout formative assessments in line with school policy.
- Work in harmony with others, including teaching assistants and other nursery staff as well as assistants and teacher’s aides to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate resources and equipment, preparing the classroom indoors and outdoors and ensuring that it is safe clean and tidy at the start of each session.
- To take responsibility for the welfare and safety of all the children in our school.
- To promote positive behavior from children and to assist in establishing good standards of behavior throughout the school.
- To take responsibility for the management of other adults in the classroom.
- Always conduct self in a professional manner and represent the school in accordance with teaching standard expectations
- To attend and contribute to regular planning and staff meetings.
- To set a good example in terms of punctuality, attendance, behaviour and dress code and to support the development of the school’s reputation and standing within the community.
- To undertake duties as identified by the Principal, Assistant Head and other Senior Staff.
Professional Attributes (Essential)
- Must be a qualified teacher with certification with the National
- Teachers Council (NTC) with a minimum of 2 years working experience.
- For preschool teachers / caregivers - must have Montessori or Early Years background
- Have high expectations for the children including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair,respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationship with them.
- Adopt the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND philosophy.
- Hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behavior in their professional role.
- Communicate effectively with children and colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians, conveying timely and relevant information about attainment, objectives, progress and wellbeing.
- Have a commitment to collaboration and cooperative working where appropriate.
- Have a creative and constructively critical approach towards innovation.
- Act upon advice and feedback and be open to coaching and mentoring.
Should live around Awoshie, Mallam, Gbawe, Kasoa environs.
Salary is between GHC700-1200