- Planning all lessons and daily preparation for following working day
- Overseeing the classroom environment with proper management
- Assess the growth of students & maintaining high levels of student expectations for learning and growth, socialization, and creativity
- Monitor the needs of children concerning their holistic welfare
- Teach engaging and creative lessons to a multi-age group (requiring a variety of changes in lesson and student expectations)
- Collaborate with the headmaster, school’s director, and children’s parents to ensure each student’s success. Collaborate with other teachers and staff for ideas and problem solving.
- Student-centered learning environment
- Apply training to classroom environment
- Manage class with structure and consistency
- Uphold behaviour policies designated by the school
- Researches and applies methods that work with children with special needs including those with generalized learning disabilities.
- Be sensitive to the needs of students outside of their cultural environment. Be willing to counsel, engage, and spiritually mentor children.
- Have a mature relationship with Jesus that leads and guides your day to day living and character.
School-Wide Expectation and Duties
- Maintain the working hours, arriving and leaving on time
- Attend all staff meetings & trainings
- Work on assigned committees, committed to collaboration with colleagues
- Work collaboratively to plan standards-based, hands-on, creative lessons
- Work with parents to see each individual child’s success
- Complete weekly duties as assigned
- Attendance at extracurricular events is expected when possible.
- Participate in YEAR 1 of Non-Tenured Teacher Evaluation which will include the completion of a teacher portfolio.
Mission and Values
- Have an understanding the mission and values of City of Refuge Ministries and Faith Roots International Academy. Exhibit these in your actions, words, and character.
- Maintain an educational philosophy that exhibits strong standards of excellence, maintaining that all students can be successful (growth mindset), and demonstrate, teach, and expect a Christ-like and cooperative attitude on the part of all students and colleagues.
- Be a learner, willing to engage in on-going training as well as in personal development.