We are committed to providing affordable yet high value pain management, fitness and wellbeing services to our clients. We believe that cost must not keep people in pain.
We aim to keep our clients active, healthy and well for longer and for less. Our main focus is on the elderly, although we have a number of younger adults who have sought us out.
To aid us in this, we are looking for an extraordinary physiotherapist who is committed and honest and willing to help move a start-up forward. If you believe you are the right person, we would like to hear from you.
- Evaluations of the level of functioning of the client and the development of adequate management programs.
- Evaluations of conditioning and fitness of clients and the development of adequate management programs.
- Assesses and administers pain management therapy as required and is cleared for
- Assist clients in developing self-management routines as required, needed or requested
- Prepares progress notes on management program and client improvement as required
- Administers the plan of management as designed
- Advises the client on management program, general conditioning and maintaining health
- Observes, records, and reports any changes in the patient’s condition or ability to execute management programme.
- Educates the client in the use of Center equipment and execution of management programs.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the plan of care.
- Participates in case conferences and in-services.
- Undertakes administration duties as required
- Communicates effectively with all providing care.
- Ensures value based care
- Responsible for the wellbeing of clients who attend the Center
- Serves as the main point of professional contact for clients accessing the Center on a daily basis
- To carry out Health and Safety checks on machines, equipment and site on a daily basis
- To assist the Center Assistant in handling complaints
- To report and log any incidents and or accidents and follow-up on actions to resolve these.
- As the service grows into its main model, to assist by adapting to a changing role in building the service’s capacity to be fit for purpose.
The successful applicant must have:
- At least 2 years post qualification experience as a physical therapist/physiotherapist within the last 3 years, with time spent working with the elderly (over 60 years).
- Experience may be either paid or unpaid
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized Institution
- Registration with the Allied Health Professions Council
- Ability to communicate effectively and warmly with clients who visit the Center
- Ability to work with other team and or staff members as required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data protection requirements and principles
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to meet the physical challenges of the role, including bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, lifting, standing
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the role
- Able to do other work within the Center as may be required
- Ability to deal with difficult clients
- Ability to relate to especially and work harmoniously with elderly clients
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a calm controlled manner
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to work independently
- Integrity, flexibility, enthusiasm, motivation, commitment and courtesy
- Must be available to start work immediately