- Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone, answering questions and requests, and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accredited qualification as a Pharmacy Technician or relevant field or equivalent.
- 2- 3 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Previous experience in pharmacy or medical setting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Knowledge of Drug Regulations.
- Good Organization skills
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Supply Management
- Quality focus