Duties and Responsibilities:
In consent with the CEO, the candidate will be responsible for all daily activities of the pharmacy, including responsibilities for pharmaceutical distributors, staff management, fiscal management and stock management. Oversee operations of the pharmacy and ensures that it is following all state laws, Pharmaceutical Council standards as well as the mission, vision, and values of the Pharmacy.
- Increase the fortunes of the Pharmacy by developing, implement and maintain policies that improves the quality of pharmacy services, improve sales, and support the quality improvement plan of the organization.
- Supervise activities regarding dispensing, pharmacy activities, and staff scheduling. Prepare work schedules and monitor workload statistics. Maintain appropriate staffing levels that match workload and promote staff safety.
- Ensure effective and excellent customer service
- Lead staff members in the pharmacy by assigning work tasks, supervising, evaluating, hiring, firing, training, and scheduling work shifts for all employees in consultation with Management.
- Maintain and manage stock, ordering new supplies when necessary and keeping stock areas organized
- Ensure subordinates keep the pharmacy clean and well-organized at all times.
- Ensure the following: Daily sales are balanced with software point of sale, daily sales are deposited in the company bank account, company bank statement reflects sales revenue.
- Prepare and execute monthly payroll, monthly statuary deductions, distributors and supplier’s payment schedules, weekly expenditure reports and monthly financial reports.
- Be in charge of all procurement of the company with approval from the MD or CEO.
- Manage and maintain a good relationship with all entities that conduct business with the company including distributors and suppliers, pharmacy council, health insurance companies, banks, customers etc.
- Attend and represent the company in all meetings in consultation with the MD or CEO
- Oversee required compliance and tax auditing and make the available required document
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams.
- Good customer, provider and staff communication skills.
- Strong commitment to working with customers and staff from a wide range of ethnic, economic, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Refined business management and sales skills including the ability to proactively take actions that will increase productivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively negotiate with suppliers and other
- Effective demonstration of finance management.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an administrator or supervisor in a pharmacy or medical related field.
- Management experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum first-degree holder in management or administration or related field
- Can be a pharmacist with experience in similar role will be a plus