Employee operating License: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage pharmacy’s daily operations and ensure delivery of patient services per company standards and expectations.
- Implement and supervise the development of specific pharmacy services and new programs.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all activities related to the compounding, dispensing, delivery, receipt and handling of medications and associated products within regulatory guidelines.
- Interpret and enter physicians’ prescriptions patient data into computer system; check for drug interactions and allergies.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacy technician and supervise the prescription filling process.
- Counsel patients over the phone and in person regarding possible side effects of medications, proper administration of medications, potential drug/food or drug/drug interactions. Ensure patient’s understanding of the medication treatment program.
- Consult with health care professionals and conduct research to ensure all services are in the patient’s best interest and conform to established professional standards/applicable state laws.
- Advocate/support clinical initiatives (e.g., Medication Therapy Management (MTM), adherence programs, and quantifiable initiatives to improve patient outcomes).
- Work towards a standardized performance level as defined by pharmacy platform metrics (i.e. wait times, processing and verification timing).
- Adhere to all laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy, Preventing Fraud Waste & Abuse; follow all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Provide friendly/efficient customer service by greeting customers in a genuine/friendly manner and demonstrating sincerity, patience, respect and empathy in all customer interactions.
- Escort customers to products they’re looking for, load/unload heavy items, retrieve out of reach products and thank them for their business.
- Maintain the ability to work at multiple locations within the division.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, regularly reach with the hands and arms, use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls, talk and hear; frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift/move objects up to 25 lbs. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Schedule pharmacy staff for ongoing operations, special events and other changing conditions.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree, 3+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A registered pharmacist license will be required but not needed.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication, and customer service skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents, scientific/technical journals, financial reports, legal documents
- Required Travel: Yes to other branches
- Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Location: Tema, Afienya, Gbetsele areas.