Department: Managed Services
Direct Supervisor: Performance Manager
Dept manager: Head of NPM
Key Responsibility Areas
Job Role and Key Responsibilities:
• Provide support for Ericsson and 2G BSS Performance KPIs (CSSR, DCR, HOSR, Traffic Utilization etc), ensuring Network Quality through Performance management
• Provide support for Ericsson and 3G UTRAN (RNC/ Node B Performance KPIs (Traffic, Intersystem Handovers, RRC fails, RAB access, cell availability etc.)
• Regular reporting (daily, weekly, monthly) based on contractual requirements.
• Automation of reporting based on timelines required in the contract.
• Analyze and identify Key Performance statistics, co-relate them with Network problems and resolve or escalate to relevant department for fix.
• Coordinate all Change Requests related to BSS/UTRAN parameters i.e. Work Orders, Planned work and outages.
• Where appropriate, update and track to resolution Trouble Tickets relating to performance issues
• Provide main interface in NOC, Planning & Engineering and Customer Network Planning.
• Understanding of Network Operations and Maintenance procedures and processes
• Liaise with other departments like (P&E, Back Office, NOC, FM)
• Some general administration tasks and generate reports as required
• Provide hands on training to customer engineers.
Deliverables / Performance Measures (Goals and targets to be achieved, reporting etc.):
Reporting RSLA as per the contract.
Timely triggering of capacity expansions, Degradation detection as part of proactive monitoring of the network.
Minimum Experience Requirements
Skills and Knowledge (List of the key competencies needed in the position):
• Experience in telecommunication networks
• Experience in 2G and 3G network elements (RNC, Node-B, BSC, BTS)
• Familiar with GSM, 3G and IP protocols
• Experience of at least one RF Planning and Prediction Tool (UNET, Atoll, Asset)
• ACTIX (For post-processing of DT Logs)
• Knowledge of network topology, traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
• Knowledge of network performance/configuration parameters and their interpretation and use.
• Network service/performance focused.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Calm approach to potentially stressful situations
• Strong Interaction & Communication skills with different groups/teams in a multicultural environment
• Proficiency in English language
Core Job Related competences
- 2-3 years experience of RF Planning and Optimization including Network Configuration and Performance Management
- Knowledge of UMTS, GPRS, EDGE configurations
- Technical Knowledge and understanding of Huawei 2G, 3G equipment. MSS, MGW, DCN, SGSN, RNC, BSC, NodeB, BTS
- Technical knowledge and understanding of all Network Element interfaces of 3G; IU-B, IU-CS, IU-PS, ATM, AAL2/5, TCP/IP
- Technical knowledge and understanding of all Network Element interfaces of 2G/GPRS (LAPD, A-Interface, Gb, MAP
- Experience using the PMS and Vendor OSS tool to generate reports and scripting for auto alarms and reporting.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and 24x7 availability.
- Customer Focus
- Performance and Results Orientated
- Effective Communication and Impact
- Continuous Improvement and Managing Change
Qualification - Degree or above in electronic, computer, communications, science and engineering professionals
Language: English and one local Language