The key focus areas of this role are safety, performance, operational efficiency, personnel management, profitability, effective cost control, customer service and the overall development of downstream operations for the employer.
Responsibilities include providing operational management, leadership, support, and direction, along with the development of effective and robust working relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
To be considered for this position, you should be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar operational role, including the ability to effectively manage and motivate teams, be commercially and contractually aware, along with the ability to create and manage budgets
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications & expectations of the company.
- Ensure sustainable solutions & customer-focused operations.
- Responsible for ensuring & controlling of compliance with the related legal company rules.
- Manage and coordinate product orders to continuously maintain on-time delivery or parts, products, and service as demanded by customers.
- Coordinate customer orders with the company’s drafting and manufacturing functions to ensure effective support in all relevant areas.
- Plan, recommend and justify annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operation needs, strategies, and objectives.
- Provide training, instruction, and guidance to subordinate employees to ensure their knowledge of company products, fabrication and assembly methods, management skills, and the effective use of accepted work processes and standards.
- Remain knowledgeable of required personnel-related policies and procedures of the company monitor and correct employee actions or behavior to ensure adherence with required policies, procedures, systems, and rules.
- Maintain high levels of quality in assigned areas of functional responsibility.
- Monitor and verify both quality and quantity of product and work output.
- Participate in managing the product liability lawsuits for the product line as necessary including reasoning to interrogatory requests, planning defense strategy, and action as an expert witness.
- Assist in developing, coordinating and implementing activities, processes and standards to maintain and improve safety and environmental aspects.
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in this field.
- Should be ready to relocate to Accra, Ghana (West Africa).
- Experience in downstream fuel distribution & delivery logistics to the end-user.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (Technical or economics), project management certification a plus.
- Energy sector or Oil & Gas industry experience will be preferred.
- Project management, stakeholder management, communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
Salary Range: - ($3,000 – negotiable, Accommodation, Cost of Visa & Immigration permit).