We are seeking an Operations Manager to oversee our growing operations in Ghana. The selected candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. At least 10 years working experience, 5 of which should be in the area of Accounting, Project Management, Quarry Operations, Construction, Mining, Transport and Logistics, Equipment Hiring or Harbor Operations or a combination of these areas. The candidate should have at least 3 years of supervisory experience where he/she supervised a team of at least 10 people. Candidate should be computer literate with strong strengths in excel and Microsoft word.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Transport: You will manage a fleet of vehicles and Drivers that is permanently stationed at Tema and Nsawam. Your responsibility would include
- On a daily basis correspond with onsite Transport Coordinator and Drivers and various other stakeholders to ensure that our company trucks get maximum assignments of loads, our trucks stay well maintained. Coordinate fleet repairs to ensure they are done timely and cost-effectively. Supervise drivers to maintain maximum discipline and professionalism ensuring they timely arrive at work, manage downtimes productively, aggressively seek loads and timely ( and safely) deliver and return from assigned trips. Ensure drivers do not collect more than stipulated fuel for designated trips. Seek other business opportunities for trucks.
- Track all related statutory responsibilities including Insurance, VAT, Roadworthiness, Driver’s License Expiration and renewal to ensure we are in complete compliance with all statutory regulations. Timely inform Management via text of all truck assignments and road incidents. Maintain an accurate record of all trips, related expenses and payments on a monthly basis. Present such reports to management by the 5th day after month end.
- Manage low bed Boxed Cargo Trucks to ensure maximum trips at all times. Seek opportunities and relationships that will bring in frequent loads to low beds and Boxed Trucks. Track all trips and provide daily, weekly, monthly and Adhoc reports on trips done and other related income and expenses of vehicles.
Manage Drilling Machine. Seek jobs for the drilling rig. Inspect prospective jobs
and collect sufficient details about such jobs in order to allow for appropriate
pricing of jobs. Keep abreast of progress of jobs and promptly report all incidents and activities impacting progress of jobs. Maintain timely and effective communication with relevant stakeholders including, driller, his assistant, quarry owner, blast man and where necessary agent on the drilling job. Ensure that on a daily basis important info including daily incident log (equipment breakdown, duration, repairs done, by who etc), machine hours, engine hours are all properly captured and appropriately recorded.
- Gather other info (including income & expense items, sufficient to be able to determine profitability of each line of work.
- Provide leading role in conducting market and competitor research, conduct intelligence on competitors and industry and provide recommendations to positively respond to the findings. Develop and review strategies to increase sales and revenue.
- Assume all other administrative, payroll and human resource responsibilities amongst others to ensure workers’ hours are promptly and accurately captured and payroll are correctly calculated and paid. All disciplinary actions and incident reports are properly documented and filed.
- Manage all company treasury responsibilities including disbursing funds to support all daily activities including evaluating and providing funds for maintenance, repairs, road expenses, payroll and other company expenses. Track and submit invoices for payment, and receive payments and make deposits to bank.
- Strong Communication Skills (Both written and Verbal). Accuracy and attention to details and good organizational skills. Team builder.
- Ability to manage conflicting work demands and tight deadlines. Passionate about customer experience and making sure we always exceed their expectations. An Engaging and positive attitude with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ensure drivers, drillers, assistants and all company workers adhere to safe and healthy work practices by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures that are in compliance with national work standards that will ensure the safest working conditions.
- This role requires an individual with strong ability to multitask and work well under pressure. Should have excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
- Should be a properly licensed driver with at least 5 years of experience.
Salary Range: GHC 4500.00-6000.00
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.