A nurse-midwife with a positive attitude and eye for detail needed in a Select Hospital to join the team, to provide High quality care to discerning patients.
We provide Obstetric care (ante-partum and postpartum), newborn care, and post-operative care for Gynecology patients. Experience in a Mission or Western Hospital is desirable.
Twelve-hour shifts. Start out part-time, with option for full employment later.
- Restores and promotes patient’s health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and their families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.