Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Sets up the IP networks and the last mile to end users on deployments in Ghana, and maintains the existing BLUETOWN networks for operation, from the hotspot sites to the core network.
Overall areas of accountability and responsibility:
Installation of BLUETOWN IP network:
- Installation and configuration of end-user devices, BLUETOWN base transceiver station (BTS), routers, switches and firewalls.
- BLUETOWN site inspection, test and validation.
- Installation and configuration of various servers.
- Configuration of layer 2 and layer 3 functions in switching and router elements of various network equipment vendors.
- A good understanding of Routing and Switching principles and configurations.
Operation of BLUETOWN IP network:
- Analysis and follow up of network performance.
- Fault analysis and mitigation.
- Installation, configuration and analysis of traffic measurements using BLUETOWN tools.
- Effectively follow preventive maintenance procedures.
- Keep records of maintenance activities.
- Performs such duties as may be required.
Communications and working relationships:
- BLUETOWN backhaul and NOC partners and suppliers in Ghana.
- Global Network Operations organization, including network engineers.
- BLUETOWN Ghana organization.
Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Eng., Computer Science, or Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in IP network operations.
- CCNA or above certifications.
- Knowledge of ISO/OSI Layer 1, 2 and 3 i.e. (E1/T1, SIGTRAN etc), data link, routing and switching (TCP/IP, Ethernet, ATM/Frame relay, ADSL/VDSL).
- Good understanding of DHCP/NAT principles and configurations.
- Knowedge of VLAN configuration.
- Experience with LAN/WAN setup and configuration.
- Sound knowledge of MPLS, WAN and IP routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP).
- Experience with operation and testing of mobile network elements for voice and data.
- Linux, VoIP and QOS knowledge is an advantage.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools for record keeping.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- A strong desire to be part of a truly international company pioneering new Internet Wi-Fi solutions in rural areas of developing countries in the world.
- Having proven to be an effective team player, creative and proactive.
- Ability to work in a challenging environments, in particular rural areas of Ghana.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Good at communicating in a direct and professional way.
- Flexible - able to act quickly.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Office and field environment.
- Normal working conditions, which may involve indoor and outdoor environment.