This role is for a non-profit organization that invests in young entrepreneurs and small businesses. We empower entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into viable, self- sustaining businesses and we work alongside promising small businesses to help them scale and reach their full potential.
Each program is driven by local staff and private sector experts, resulting in a distinctive focus on commercial solutions and local knowledge. Our customized, best-in-class business support programs feature a mix of skills training, mentorship, and seed funding.
Since our inception, more than 600 young leaders have been trained in business skills and entrepreneurship through participation in our programs. Many of the start-ups formed or incubated through us have secured additional investment and gone on to win other start-up competitions.
- Designs and leads the implementation of the M&E plan, policies and procedures across the length and breadth of our program, recommending improvements
- Defines and leads M&E methodology, systematic data collection, analysis of program indicators, and reporting activities
- Liaises with all portfolio managers for reporting information relevant to the ask of partnering institutions.
- Measures the social impact of our programs in line with client objectives
- Develops surveys and enforce survey administration protocols to assess the impact of training of entrepreneurs
- Guides and ensures the collection, analysis, and use of baseline or other data on an on-going basis to inform KIC decision-making
- Liaison with implementing partner M&E desk
Internal Knowledge Management:
- Trains and retrains colleagues to ensure they have full understanding of M&E plan and in compliance to M&E policies and procedures
- Trains program entrepreneurs and start-ups on M&E procedures and expectations
- Develops qualitative case studies and success stories of business and entrepreneurs within our portfolio
- Conducts bi-annual M&E reports and impact assessment on M&E findings and prepares presentations based on M&E data as required
- Ensures that monitoring data is discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action.
Qualifications and Required:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in statistics, public policy, economics, or related field.
- Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics or professional certification is an advantage.
- Minimum of 7-years progressive work experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as strong business acumen
- Excellent technical knowledge of programme implementation, impact assessment, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration, and evaluation of projects.
- Proven moderation, facilitation and training skills as well as excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as part of a team
- Organized, high-energy individual capable of working in a complex, fast-paced and fluid environment; cognizant of when to operate with urgency and/or escalate matters.
Deadline: 15th October 2021