The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager (MEL Manager) will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan for the project. S/he will work closely with the project team to implement systems to safeguard the collection and management of data and will ensure that project learning is shared with project staff and partners and is used to inform needed changes to program activities. The MEL Manager will also play a key role in reviewing, selecting, and designing final research grant activities. S/he will also be responsible for providing technical oversight and monitoring to some of these research grant activities.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Oversees MEL activities in close collaboration with the Chief of Party.
- Develops and directly contributes to the development and implementation of the MEL plan, tools and systems and oversees the implementation and integration of a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach to collect, interpret, and apply data and project learning that demonstrates impact and project accountability and progress, and informs adaptation of project activities.
- Develops and supports the design and implementation of high-quality quantitative and qualitative surveys and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provides training to staff and primary stakeholders on the MEL plan and tools, including those located in focus countries.
- Supervises a data analyst and coordinates with country-based staff on data collection and MEL activities to be conducted in focus countries.
- Oversees capacity development activities on MEL topics, including the development of relevant workshop materials, development of MEL guides and direct technical support to grantees on MEL
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience managing and/or effectively implementing research, monitoring, evaluation, and/or learning activities for development activities, especially in the democracy, governance, peacebuilding, social science research, and/or other relevant sectors.
- Experience designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative research and survey methodologies, and developing monitoring and evaluation systems and data collection tools.
- Informed of current program developments in democracy and governance and/or peacebuilding and conflict mitigation programming.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have worked on USAID or other donor programs and be familiar with USAID’s approach to ME&L and CLA.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and French will be an advantage.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may follow the application instructions below for detailed information about each position and how to apply.
1. Go to http://www.fhi360.org/careers
2. Click on Search Jobs for the position numbers assigned to each position
3. Create an account and follow the application instructions
Deadline for application is May 19th, 2022. Due to the volume of applications please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.