A major player in the mining support service industry based in Accra, Ghana is looking for Mobile Servicing Unit (MSU) MSU Maintenance Specialist
- Responsible for the operations of Mobile Mixing Unit (MMU)/Mobile Servicing Unit (MSU)
- Support the calibration, test run for MMU/MSU trucks and their commissioning
- Assist in the identification and specification of MMU trucks parts and the preparation of spare parts
- Read schematics and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly and troubleshooting of parts and machines in order
- Support to train Driver Mechanics/Technicians on general MMU trucks operations and certification
- Participate fully in the revamping and test run process.
- Serve as a liaison between operations and the maintenance team
- Assess the performance of electromechanical assemblies, using the required test instruments
- Any other duties in line with the position
- Zero harm - Maintain a safe and health work environment for all employees’ contractors, clients and public
- Ensure all products and equipment are used in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality standards
- Follow and promote the Company HSEQS Vision
- Comply with Safety, Quality, Environment and Security Policy
- Practice ‘good housekeeping’ and wear/maintain appropriate PPE
- Report all incidents and near misses within 24 hours
- Identify potential hazards, and opportunities for improvement
- Take ownership and lead by example whilst maintaining compliance with the company and customer site procedures
- Conduct regular safety and quality audits
- Conduct weekly safety/toolbox talks and record all safety dialogues
- Ensure HSEQ training requirements are met
- Ensure that safety information/data is displayed and communicated
- Identify Technical Service opportunities and work with the technical team to develop initiatives to capture value for the Company and the customer.
- Identify savings to the Company and mining customers that can be used in contract maintenance and renewal
- Supervise the manufacture and delivery of bulk products to the borehole.
- Establish and maintain a safe and productive work area for the employees.
- Maintenance-minded personality.
- Driving engagement with internal and external client orientation.
- Control and activity follow up. KPIs control and continuous improvement orientation.
- University Engineering Degree (Mining, Chemical, Industrial Engineering).
- Blasting Certificate of Competency, Mines Inspectorate Ghana
- At least 5 years of Professional experience as MSU Specialist/Engineer. It is desirable to have at least 2 years of experience in the mining sector.
Other skills (languages, IT, other technical knowledge)
- Strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement.
- Drilling ans Blast expertise preferable.
- Mining knowledge, showing capacity to answer to specialized questions on a multitask project.
- Experience working on the field.
- Proven experience managing teams of people.
- Ability to work in isolated and challenging location.
- Fluent in English, other languages are valued.
- Initially with no geographical limitations.