A major player in the mining support service industry in Accra is looking for established Mining Project Managers – various locations in West Africa
Overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of the P and L of a project with the aim of getting maximum optimization and profitability.
The Mining Project Manager is responsible for all facets of project management, including personnel and account management of an existing mining project as well as assisting the development and management of new mining projects as per direction from the General Direction. The role of Mining Project Manager will also have a strong technical involvement whilst being responsible for the development and delivery of Technical services to new and existing mining customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management / Operations and Technical
- Provide high level support to Commercial Manager and Divisional Managers in the transition from business development to business operations
- Manage and supervise operational sites as required by the Commercial Manager to ensure that sites are meeting customer expectations
- Develop and Implement TAP Services as required by the TAP Manager within Mining customers
- Management of identified key mining projects
- Ensure objectives and outcomes are delivered within critical timeframes
- Management of resources within budgetary requirements
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly production reports are accurately completed.
- Maintain daily updated one-week, and four-week production forecast based on material inventories, product inventories and order requests.
- Review monthly material deviation reports.
- Supervise plant calibration activities.
- Take an active role as a safety committee member.
- Meet regularly with employees to receive input or safety suggestions on a regular basis.
- Authorize time sheets for employees.
- Field test and evaluate products.
- Train customers on the application of Company products.
- Work with the customer to optimize drilling and blasting practices.
- Apply product quality assurance programs.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning blast holes when required.
- Field testing of new products.
- Ensure staff compliance with company policies, procedure and process.
- Meet regularly with Client and ensure open and transparent communication Flow with customer management.
Customer Relationship Management
- Working with Company stakeholders to ensure account management plans, objectives and initiatives are implemented and managed in accordance to a strategic business plan
- Regular contact with customers to ensure project deliverables are met
- Account Management
- Contract administration
- Business review meetings
- Site performance and KPI tracking
- Supervision of site staff to ensure project and contractual deliverables are met
- Management of third-party suppliers
- Liaison with Operations & Production in respect of expected product demand and logistics
- Identify Technical Service opportunities and work with the technical team to develop initiatives to capture value for the Company and the customer
- Identify savings to the Company and mining customers that can be used in contract maintenance and renewal
- Supervise the manufacture and delivery of bulk products to the borehole.
- Establish and maintain a safe and productive work area for the employees.
- Zero harm - Maintain a safe and health work environment for all employees’ contractors, clients and public
- Ensure all products and equipment are used in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality standards
- Follow and promote the Company HSEQS Vision
- Comply with Safety, Quality, Environment and Security Policy
- Practice ‘good housekeeping’ and wear/maintain appropriate PPE
- Report all incidents and near misses within 24 hours
- Identify potential hazards, and opportunities for improvement
- Take ownership and lead by example whilst maintaining compliance with the company and customer site procedures
- Conduct regular safety and quality audits
- Conduct weekly safety/toolbox talks and record all safety dialogues
- Ensure HSEQ training requirements are met
- Ensure that safety information/data is displayed and communicated
- Leadership Competencies specially Building Networks.
- Driving engagement with internal and external client orientation.
- Control and activity follow up. KPIs control and continuous improvement orientation.
- Run the business ‘as your own’
- Strive to exceed customer expectations
- Identify opportunities for growth/improvements
- Develop positive relationships with clients, colleagues, and suppliers
- Act as an ambassador and promotor of the Company
- Treat clients, colleagues and suppliers with respect
- Demonstrate a high sense of urgency when dealing with requests
- Plan your activities and consider their impact on the business
- Display a positive and helpful attitude toward your work
- Act with integrity and honesty with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Consume resources efficiently and take care of company assets
- University Engineering Degree (Mining, Chemical, Industrial Engineering).
- At least 5 years of Professional experience as Engineer. It is desirable to have at least 2 years of experience in a Mine as Project Manager, Mine Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager or Technical Superintendent.
Other skills (languages, IT, other technical knowledge)
- Strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement.
- Drilling & Blast expertise preferable.
- Mining knowledge, showing capacity to answer to specialized questions on a multitask project.
- Experience working on the field.
- Experience in production or operational related position at the mine. Purely Mine Planning, Mine Design or EPC projects would not be considered as such.
- Proven experience managing teams of people.
- Ability to work in isolated and challenging location.
- Fluent in English, other languages are valued.
- Initially with no geographical limitations.