To plan, design and implement all aspects of exploration, development, and ore control activities, while leading, guiding and managing the mineral resources department.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Plan, budget and manage the delineation, definition of near-mine exploration drilling programs.
- Provide geological expertise and insight into strategic and business plans.
- Provide comprehensive geological input (ie orebody geometry, grade and tonnage potential) into short-term mine planning and forecasting.
- Evaluate exploration, development, or acquisition opportunities on a major project, or in a mine operation.
- Construct and periodically update geologic and resource models.
Ore Control and Development Geology:
- Develop detailed policies and procedures with respect to development of geology and ore control processes based on industry best practices.
- Account for all aspects of exploration programs, including target determination, program planning, budgeting, and implementation
- Develop and provide near-mine geological framework of the structural architecture.
- Oversee the development and implementation of geological management and ore control systems and update these, as and when required. Supervise 3D modeling of complex wireframes, based on integration of drilling and mapping information and ensure timely updates to 3D resource and ore-control models.
- Accountable for the construction of ore control model and estimation parameter update.
Database Management & Reconciliation
- Oversee model-to-mine-to-mill reconciliation process
- Manage databases and review data for production and reconciliation purposes.
- Verify the integrity and validity of all data used in mineral resource estimations, by following established QA / QC protocols.
- Institute procedures, practices and techniques in the Mineral Resources department.
- Recommend alternative procedures and methods to improve performance, while remaining compliant with industry regulations and Northern Ashanti Mine (NAMCL) organizational requirements. Commission Mineral Resource audits and develop solutions to address the gaps identified.
- Oversee the coordination of system audits and align these with international standards.
- Remain abreast with Mine Resource trends and introduce any new information into work assignments
Reporting and Communication:
- Provide detailed overview reports on all Mineral Resource activities.
- Oversee the preparation of technical reports and documentation to align with industry and operational requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate the compilation and publishing of mineral resource and mineral reserve reports
- Inform other stakeholders (including Mine Planning, Geotechnical and
- Processing on reserve modeling kickoffs and variables to model, reconciliations.
- Communicate effectively with the Mine Manager, Production Geologists, as well as the Mine Engineering and Mine Operations departments.
- Prepare and manage operating, contractual (i.e. drilling, assaying) and capital budgets for the Mineral Resource department.
- Maintain all associated costs with running the Mineral Resource department within established budget guidelines
- Control costs actively to maximize budget usage efficiencies, by implementing approved recommendations.
Health and Safety Management:
- Align all Mineral Resource department activities to establish NAMCL Health and Safety practices.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Abide by and support others in carrying out activities according to NAMCL Health and Safety principles
- Manage complex Geological activities conducted through allocated staff member(s) by interviewing, appointing, and hiring mine geology team staff, prioritizing and allocating tasks/responsibilities, checking and controlling the quality of work outputs, providing on-the-job training, mentoring, and coaching to the Mineral Resource team, working on comprehensive employee development plans for the team, ensuring ongoing effective management of staff by setting clear performance goals and executing performance appraisals etc.
- Incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme and there is an almost continuous need for a high degree of concentration to focus simultaneously on several events or changing factors.
- Incumbent is not required to work overtime but has to be on call and respond to issues outside normal working hours.
Training & Experience:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Geoscience/Geological/Geotechnical Engineering
- Must be able to meet the requirement of a Superintendent Mine Geologist.
- Master's Degree in Geoscience is preferable.
- Must be a holder of Professional Geologist Certification in GhIG and (i.e, PGeo or equivalent).
- Knowledge of selective mining methods is preferable.
- Good understanding of data management, generative exploration resource estimation.
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years’ experience in Production Geology environment (i.e. Generative Exploration, Development Geology, Resource Estimation)
- Minimum of 3-5 years should be in Management capacity
- Experience in mapping geometrically complex orebodies using 3D modeling,3D photogrammetric imaging systems, and mine planning software.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced modeling skills.
- Advanced data analysis skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced leadership skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced decision-making skills.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
Accuracy, Attention to Detail. Customer focused, Decisive, Directive, Environmental Scan, Follow-through, Goal Orientated, Initiating, Inquisitive, Open Mindedness, Proactive, Quality Oriented, Results Driven, Safety conscious, Strategic Thinking, Team Player, Technically Inclined
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.