Accountable for all aspects of the project, operations and maintenance, as well as supporting the development of the mine from a project into operations phase.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Undertake all statutory duties in accordance with approved system, to improve health and safety performance and maintain safe efficient functioning of the mine. Work to eliminate all injuries and illness through a focus on behaviors, leadership, and risk management.
II Contractor Management/Stakeholders
- Manage contractor and sub-contractors, and hold them accountable to Health, safety and production targets.
- Represent the company in dealing with external agencies, contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
III Organizational Efficiency
- Set mining KPI targets and identify and act on variances to achieve budget Lead and apply best practices and continuous improvements practices to deliver sustainable cost efficiency and personnel health and wellness improvement.
- Interface with other functions and organizations to facilitate the coordination and execution of work to optimize mining and it maintenance.
- Develop and implement Systems to manage the mine.
- Identify and implement controls for operational, Safety and Health risks.
IV WORKING CONDITIONS
- Combination of office and surface and/or underground mining conditions.
- Moist wet surfaces.
- Potential for extreme dust particles and high heat/humidity.
- Noise exposure within the requirements for earplugs or/and ear muffs.
- May work in dark environment requiring personal attachment of lit head gear.
- Working with corrosive chemicals.
- Operate vehicles on haulage roads including a pre-operational inspection, mounting and dismounting vehicle,
- Operate and hold a radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation for the purpose of following work assignments and providing feedback.
- Read, comprehend, interpret, and learn literature, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), labels on products, warning signs, instructional manuals and numbers on monitors and gauges, to prevent loss of personnel, property and process.
- Wear personal protective equipment including hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, respirators, wet suits, earplugs, gloves, head lamp etc to perform duties safely.
- Walk and stand on uneven and wet surfaces.
V TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Mining Engineering or related field
- A Mine Manager statutory certification ticket by Ghanaian MINCOM is a must
- Knowledge and usage of mine planning application and MS Office
- Not less than 10 years of experience in open pit mining. Underground experience, a plus
- Experience with mine planning and reporting software systems.
- Experience with design and implementing planning systems and engineering team for open pit mine development production.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ghanaian Statutory Certifications.
- Developed and managed diverse teams of owner, contractor and operator.
- Strong analytical skills, focusing on Continuous Improvement mindset
- Current Driver’s License
- Ability to train and coach others
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.