You love food. It’s your passion. Sound like you? Then Midunu is the place for you. As the country’s premier dining experience with a multi-award winning chef, we know food is the glue that holds our society together and can create a large impact on the livelihoods of the many Ghanaians along the food chain.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Graduate trainee
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
Since 2014, we’ve showcased African excellence through our innovative approach to cooking called the New African Cuisine where culture, community and cuisine intersect with the environment, sustainability and economy….and the world has taken notice! We have been featured on CNN, BBC, the New York Times and have won several international awards.
As a Midunu Culinary Fellow (MCF), expect to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. You will finish the 11-month programme having gained a broad experience in various parts of our food enterprise.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Fellow will support the production and execution of hand-crafted chocolates and dining experiences through the planning, organizing and production necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, guest service and satisfaction, food quality and safety.
- Production of baked goods
- Production of chocolate truffles
- Production of food for dining experiences
- Fulfillment of client orders
- Executing standard operating procedures for kitchen, facilities management and food safety
- Keeping the kitchen clean and organized
- Managing kitchen and dining room inventory
- Receiving of goods
- Support to procurement
- Inputs to seasonal calendar
- Support to kitchen garden
Qualifications and Specific Skills:
- Have a recent Bachelor’s degree or will be graduating this year and eligible for National Service.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant languages of Midunu—English and a local language (Twi, Ga, Ewe, etc.). Ability to communicate in French will be an advantage.
- Have passion and practical experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Have basic knowledge of roles, responsibility and duties within the service, food and beverage industry.
- Possess good math skills and basic computer skills
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Experience in a professional kitchen environment is a plus.
- Practical experience with culinary techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunity with world renowned chef and company
Theory and practical training in the following:
- Culinary math
- Nutrition principles
- Food safety and hygiene
- Product identification
- Mise en place
- Knife skill
- Cooking techniques for proteins, vegetables, starches, grains, sauce
- Baking and chocolate technique
- Time management
- Food costing
- Tesano, Accra
- 5 days a week, Monday – Friday plus
- Seasonal and occasional events resulting in late night work on weekends: prior notice will be provided.
- 11 months, National Service period
- GHS 800 – 1,000/month
The application process includes an application, written test, interview, practicals in our kitchen and a reference check. If you are ready to join our team, complete the application form here by 17 June 2022
Find out more about our operations on:
application form here
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.