Mid-Level Software Engineer
A Government Agency responsible for improving education and reading habits is seeking to transform the organization leveraging technology. No day will be the same in this role. You would be delivering IOS and Android Apps/tools internally and externally with associated back end infrastructure while also working on ground breaking Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence projects with volunteers from global (Wall Street and Silicon Valley) tech companies.
This is an amazing opportunity to transform the world of education with technology. Join the newly established forward-thinking team at this Agency in solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to challenge to learn and grow your career.
Scope of role
You would be involved in all the following:
- Backend or Server Systems Programming – Design and code servers, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use. Your work may involve working with the Linux kernel, scheduler, memory management system, device drivers, and hardware architectures.
- Cloud-Based Development – Architect and develop new cognitive services, using a cloud-first methodology. Create and configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Design and implement large scale systems and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) that enable lean continuous delivery.
- Open Source – Working with open source tools as part of the Agencies architecture. • Automation and Testing – Enable continuous deployment and availability by designing, developing, creating, and executing test cases based on functional and non-functional requirements. Build and manage testing environments, responsible for debugging application issues.
- Client-Facing Solution Development - Solve complex business issues using technology. Work directly with the client facing staff to understand detailed requirements, then design and implement innovative solutions across the organization.
- Client-Facing Technical Support – Help internal customers one-on-one by assessing complex problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and capturing detailed and accurate information about issues, troubleshooting steps and resolution.
- Own the customer support experience and resolve customer satisfaction issues by designing and implementing creative solutions to technical problems.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued public users.
- You’ll employ Design Thinking (training provided) to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products and takes pride in work and would have developed commercial products for a few years
- Min of 4 years’ experience developing viable applications either as part of school work, self-initiated or commercial projects.
- Strong front end, back end and mobile development exposure. • You thrive on collaboration, with openness to engage in rigorous healthy debate to pull problems apart
- You enjoy working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to think from a business perspective
- Superlative analytical skills
- You’ll work with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB, Firebase) and operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android).
- You have a working knowledge of software development and programming in a language such as Java/JS, C, C++, C#, Python, Angular JS, Node JS, Perl.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Other strong but relevant engineering/ physical sciences backgrounds)
Application process: Please send an application, CV and cover letter and sample of work (ideally, projects on GitHub) to email@example.com
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.