- Responsible for conducting variety of test on patient samples.
- Carries out qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Employ analytical instrument techniques such as spectroscopy, spectrophotometry
- Devises and adapt technical procedures and modifies equipment
- Conducts chemical, biological and physical test on materials to determine that standards are met.
- Test and study blood, urine and other body fluids
- Establish quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure test results are accurate
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- Must have allied certificate
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good eye sight and near vision
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures